Countdown to Kate's 1st Birthday!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mid-Week Update

I never got around to the 19-week update last week. Things have been very hectic. On Sunday, I fractured my left foot walking down our front steps. As I have been told, balance is off when you're pregnant. My balance was off when I was walking down the steps, and I tried to compensate by turning to keep from falling forward on my belly. In doing so, I broke my foot. The good news is that I didn't fall and my belly wasn't affected. The bad news is that a broken foot hurts like hell and the only thing I can take is Tylenol. I have an appointment with an orthopedist on Friday to find out how severe the damage is and how long I will need the walking cast and/or crutches.

One of my students told me that she has broken bones and has also had two babies. She said that breaking a bone is far more painful than giving birth. If she's right, I'll be in good shape!

We also have two baby-related appointments on Friday - the 20 week checkup with the OB and a 20 week "official" ultrasound. The ultrasound will be more in depth than the previous ones at our OB's office and will confirm that the baby is developing appropriately and on schedule. Look for pictures soon!

1 comment:

Keeley said...

I'm sorry to hear about your fall! I had to catch up with the latests from the Pemberton family and it looks like all is well. I admire that you two are patient enough to wait until birth to learn your baby's sex... I don't know if we could be so patient!