Countdown to Kate's 1st Birthday!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 19, 2008

33 Week Update

We went to our childbirth class last weekend. We got a ton of great information and resources. The class confirmed for me that I really hope to have a natural, unmedicated birth. Doug and I agree that a woman's body is designed to give birth. When you start introducing medications and interventions, it interferes with the body's ability to do what it naturally does. We have decided to hire a doula for the birth, which I believe will help with natural means of pain management and will increase the likelihood of having the birth experience I want.

I went to my 33 week doctor's appointment yesterday. The baby is still head down and in birthing position. He/she was not too cooperative with having the doppler used to assess the heartrate. Every time the doctor would place the doppler on my belly, the baby would punch or kick it right off of my belly! By the time the doctor was able to get a reading, the heartrate was 147. Previously, the highest it has been is 134. Apparently the baby was very worked up!

I am still feeling good, although sleeping is getting more and more uncomfortable. I don't think I have any ab muscles left to speak of, so turning over is a chore.

Here is a link to a Monty Python video - this is how I don't want my labor to be!

No comments: