Countdown to Kate's 1st Birthday!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 25, 2008

34 Week Update

Merry Christmas! It's hard to believe that I am now 34 weeks pregnant. And what's even harder to believe is that Peanut is expected to be here in about six weeks!

Peanut's nursery is just about ready. Doug and I are both off of work until January 5th, so we plan to finish the nursery during these next weeks. Other things we still have to do: install the carseats and get them inspected (research shows that 90% of carseats are installed incorrectly), sterilize all of the pacifiers and bottles, and pack the hospital bag.

We are thrilled to have found a doula who will be with us through childbirth. Danielle, who was also our childbirth instructor, will meet with us during the next couple weeks to discuss our expectations and wishes for birth. She will then be with us through labor and delivery and will assist with breastfeeding both at the hospital and once we come home. I am really excited to have this kind of support, as I hope it will help me achieve the birth experience I desire.

Here is a 34 week picture!

No comments: