Countdown to Kate's 1st Birthday!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 17, 2008

24 Week Update

Last weekend, we cleaned out the room that was our office and began to get it ready for Peanut. Our nursery furniture was delivered on Saturday. Doug put the crib together on Monday night and the changing table together tonight. They look great! My mom is giving us the rocking chair she used for me and my sisters, which will be a wonderful addition to the nursery. We still need to get decorations for the room - things for the walls, a small area rug, curtains, etc.

We went for a follow-up ultrasound today since Peanut was not cooperative at the 20-week one. The tech was able to get the necessary measurements, but she was not able to get as good of a view of the heart as she wanted. She said as far as she could tell, everything looked great, but she wants me to come back in four weeks to see if she can get a better view of the heart. And the baby has gained some weight in four weeks - he/she now weighs one pound, eight ounces.

I also had my 24-week check-up today. I have gained a whopping seven pounds in four weeks! The doctor didn't seem concerned and said this was necessary "catch-up weight," as I had only gained several pounds before this month. Now that my foot is pretty well healed, I'm looking forward to exercising again and hopefully getting a better handle on the weight gain throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

Here is a belly pic at 24 weeks.

No comments: