Countdown to Kate's 1st Birthday!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 11, 2009

36 Week Update

Thursday (January 8th) was my birthday, and Peanut gave me the best birthday gift ever - he or she turned back into head-down position! Looks like our week of trying to coax the baby into position worked. Several times a day, I had to lie upside down (first on an ironing board, but then the ironing board bent, so then on stacks of pillows) to allow Peanut to become dislodged from my pelvis so he/she could turn. I also played an iPod with classical music in my pants - supposedly the sound makes the baby want to turn to have its head closer to the music. I also kept a bag of frozen veggies at the top of my belly; the logic is that the baby wants to move its head away from the cold. These techniques must have worked, as silly as they seem!

At my doctor's appointment on Thursday, I also found out that I am one centimeter dilated and 50% effaced (meaning the cervix is halfway thinned out). The doctor was pleased with my progress and thinks the baby will be born right around the due date.

We now have the carseats installed, the bassinet put together, and the nursery done (with the exception of the glider that we're waiting to arrive via FedEx this week). I made a playlist on iTunes to have in the labor room with me - hopefully the music will help me relax and get into the zone to be able to manage the pain. I still have to pack my hospital bag, but for some reason I keep putting it off.

We need to post a picture but haven't taken one since Christmas. I'm much bigger than I was a couple weeks ago!

No comments: