Countdown to Kate's 1st Birthday!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 25, 2009

38 Week Update

At my 38 week appointment, the doctor told me that I am two centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. The baby is still head down, which the doctor confirmed with an ultrasound. And I was glad to find that I hadn't gained any weight since week 37 - woohoo! Thus far, I've gained 28 pounds, which is ideal. Here's the breakdown of weight gain during pregnancy:

Baby: 7-8 pounds
Placenta: 1-2 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
Uterus: 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
Maternal blood : 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
Maternal fat and nutrient stores: 7 pounds

Essentially, I could lose 10-15 pounds before I leave the hospital from the weight of the baby, placenta, and fluids! Woohoo!


The house is ready for Peanut. The nursery is completely done. The glider came last week, and Doug put it together. We got the Pack n' Play, and Doug set that up as well. We also finally got monitors and the diaper bag. Now we just need our baby!

The 29th is my last day of teaching, so hopefully I will make it until then and Peanut will make an appearance soon thereafter!

No comments: